||Residential Assistant - DD Adult
||Twin Oaks Community Services is currently seeking a Residential Assistant to join our team at our Jerry Gavin House. JGH provides a supervised residence for developmentally disabled adults (co-ed). Support services help residents gain independence and become contributing participants in their community.
The successful incumbent will have the abilities to: Teach daily living skills / self help skills; Communicate effectively with peers and supervisors; Convey respect and develop therapeutic relationships with consumers, including nonverbal.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Residential Assistant is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Provide supervision, guidance, and direction to consumers within the home;
• Record significant shift happenings/observations in daily log;
• Monitor each consumer and attend to consumers’ needs throughout the shift;
• Responsible for distribution and documentation of all medications scheduled during the shift;
• Provide training/direction, supervision and assistance with daily routine, i.e. hygiene, grooming, dressing, meal preparation, laundry and household chores;
• Be knowledgeable of and participate in developing implementing the individual treatment plan for each consumer;
• Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and other meetings directed by the Program Supervisor;
• Participate in on-going training to learn various behavior management methods and techniques;
• Remain up to date and in compliance with required training.
Come join a team of professionals where improving the quality of life for our consumers makes the difference! We continue to open new programs, creating more jobs for the un-employed and provide our staff stability and opportunities to advance within the organization!
Twin Oaks offers competitive salaries, Medical and Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Plans and excellent Time Benefits for qualified positions!
*All positions require a valid driver’s license in good standing, pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
All candidates, if hired, will be expected to cooperate with Twin Oaks and The Department of Human Services in all inspections and investigations.
Twin Oaks Community Services considers applicants for all positions without regard to: race; color; religion; sex; national origin; age; sexual orientation; marital or veteran status; the presence of a medical condition, genetic information or handicap, unrelated to performing the tasks of the job; or any other legally protected status.