||Patient Centered Medical
||Clinical Pharmacy Practitioner
||The Clinical Pharmacy Practitioner’s primary objective is providing consultation services necessary to optimize pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies in order to achieve treatment goals and improve patient wellness as defined by national guidelines and Holston Medical Group standards. The Clinical Pharmacy Practitioner will provide inpatient and ambulatory care consultation and management services for identified patients including but not limited to: medication interactions and reconciliation, education specific to systemic disease and preventative measures, vaccination recommendations and care transition coordination facilitating primary care provider follow up. Consultation services will be provided in conjunction with physicians and other health care professionals through a collaborative practice agreement.
• Assess patient status and develop appropriate, individualized, realistic, and achievable goals in conjunction with the patient and Healthcare Provider
• Plan and implement interventions based on assessment data to ensure desired results
• Plan and implement specific interventions in collaboration with the patient’s healthcare team, as appropriate, to resolve current problems and prevent potential future problems
• Evaluate the effectiveness of care in conjunction with other members of the healthcare team
• Report changes in patient condition to the attending physician and input from the provider as needed
• Document care provided in EHR (Electronic Health Record) and response of the patient/family; submit documentation in a timely manner
• Provide for continuity of service across both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through effective information management; includes both verbal and written communication
• Manage a caseload and deliver care in a cost-effective manner that demonstrates an understanding of reimbursement methodologies focusing on managing productivity
• Perform Educational sessions in multiple settings (internal to HMG, for various organizations, conferences, etc.) on behalf of Holston Medical Group
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy (BS or PharmD Degree)
• Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Tennessee and Virginia
• PGY1 residency training or specialty residency training in ambulatory care is required.
• Prior Hospital Inpatient Consultation and Program Development Experience preferred
• Good standing with the Board of Pharmacy
• Experience providing medication information and education to patients involving the management of systemic diseases as well as suggested preventative measures including but not limited to vaccination recommendations
• Experience in presenting information, data and trends
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Excellent Patient Care standards
• Superb time-management and organizational skills
||Send This Job to a Friend