. In this position you will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs of trucks and refrigeration units. Conduct general and non-scheduled maintenance, including inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing components and systems. We are looking for a service technician with the following skills:
· Diagnose complex mechanical, refrigerant, and electrical problems related to all Reefer systems (single & multi-temp), including engine, cooling, heating and on board computer modules.
· Perform repairs and diagnostics on starting and charging system, complex cooling and re-charge, and electrical including common fault codes. Repairs include performing leak detection procedures, compressor replacements, rebuilding throttling valves, soldering refrigerant lines, evaporator/condenser replacements and front main engine seal replacements.
· Perform repair and maintenance on trucks including auxiliary components in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
· Knowledgeable in the safe operation of all garage tools, diagnostic equipment, lifts, hoists and jacking equipment.
· Identify and obtain necessary replacement parts as needed to execute repairs.
· Adhere to manufacturers warranty policies and procedures.
· Shall be consistently capable of independently analyzing and safely resolving problems
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment
· Advanced understanding of reefer electrical and mechanical systems.
We offer a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits including affordable medical, dental, vision, 401(k), shoe & tool allowance, uniforms and ongoing paid training.
Two years experience with on highway truck trailer refrigeration business necessary. Prior experience in the heavy duty diesel, class 8 truck repair is a plus. A commercial driver’s license preferred.
Please no phone calls.
Please No Phone Calls Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to app-ly for employment. Contact Katherine Demko at KDemko@penndda.com or 215 335 0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted