. In this position you will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs of trucks and refrigeration units. Conduct general and non-scheduled maintenance, including inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing components and systems. We are looking for a service technician with the following skills:
· Diagnose complex mechanical, refrigerant, and electrical problems related to all Reefer systems (single & multi-temp), including engine, cooling, heating and on board computer modules.
· Perform repairs and diagnostics on starting and charging system, complex cooling and re-charge, and electrical including common fault codes. Repairs include performing leak detection procedures, compressor replacements, rebuilding throttling valves, soldering refrigerant lines, evaporator/condenser replacements and front main engine seal replacements.
· Perform repair and maintenance on trucks including auxiliary components in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
· Knowledgeable in the safe operation of all garage tools, diagnostic equipment, lifts, hoists and jacking equipment.
· Identify and obtain necessary replacement parts as needed to execute repairs.
· Adhere to manufacturers warranty policies and procedures.
· Shall be consistently capable of independently analyzing and safely resolving problems
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment
· Advanced understanding of reefer electrical and mechanical systems.
We offer a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits including affordable medical, dental, vision, 401(k), shoe & tool allowance, uniforms and ongoing paid training.
Two years experience with on highway truck trailer refrigeration business necessary. Prior experience in the heavy duty diesel, class 8 truck repair is a plus. A commercial driver’s license preferred.
Please no phone calls.