||GENERAL SUMMARY: Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail and telephone to solicit payment. Duties include making telephone contact with the consumer to secure payment arrangements, keeping detailed notes on every call made, providing accurate account status updates, locating customers that have moved or changed their phone number, abiding by the FDCPA and State laws
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
2. Talking to others to convey information effectively.
3. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
4. Managing one's own time and the time of others.
5. Using mathematics to solve problems.
6. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
7. Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
8. Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
9. Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
10. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
11. Utilizing the necessary skip tracing tolls to locate consumers timely.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work regularly schedule hours
2. Meet personal and team collection goals by contributing to the group effort of collection on delinquent accounts, reviewing accounts, and arranging payment plans over the phone
3. Represent Pentagroup in a professional manner by following company policy and procedure was well as FDCPA guidelines
4. Understand and utilize basic collection techniques to communicate with consumers and authorized third parties in an attempt to collect past due balances for our clients
5. Interact and work with other department personnel
6. Learn and execute skills needed to secure payments
7. Complete all administrative functions on a timely basis
8. Follow Information Security Policy to ensure all client, customer and debtor information remain strictly confidential
||To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Current or Previous Mortgage Collections experience
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; avoids unnecessary absenteeism
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general typing skills, basic computer knowledge,
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
1. Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
2. Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
3. Structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
||Send This Job to a Friend