||Linux System Administrator
||Specific Media is leading the next phase of the advertising evolution by being the first to integrate display, video, mobile and IPTV into a single unified platform. We make addressable advertising a reality, working across formats and screens and delivering a comprehensive set of targeting technologies and measurement capabilities. We are the partner of choice for brand advertisers, with a notable Fortune 500 advertiser base and a roster of name brand publisher partners. Specific Media is also the parent company Myspace, VINDICO, and Xumo.
The Specific Media Linux team operates a collection of over 3000+ Linux-based servers spread across 5 data centers nationwide. Among our responsibilities are content storage and delivery for images, mail, streaming video, and streaming music; ongoing infrastructure support; and support of other teams in the organization who operate Linux-based applications. Our environment is growing and storage capacity is exceeding into multiple petabytes at an astounding rate.
The position of the Linux System Administrator will work on a team be responsible for the deployment and maintenance of Linux systems in many clusters within the Myspace and Specific Media properties. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of Linux and related technologies, and will be capable of working in a multiple-distribution environment.
If you are a self-starter, highly motivated, and take pride in what you do, then this is an excellent opportunity to test your mettle in one of the largest-scale Linux environments in the Los Angeles area. We are a top-notch team of hard working individuals who are dedicated to ensuring that the supported organizations have the tools needed to do the job, and we're looking for like-minded folk that enjoy what they do to join our team and contribute their expertise.
- Troubleshoot and resolve difficult production issues in a timely fashion.
- Monitor Unix servers, systems, environments, and services
- Build and Configure systems and services
- Install in-house, opensource, and vendor based software
- Write scripts, programs, and routines to enhance the integrity of the environment
- Participate in off-hours on-call technical support rotation
- Works with other groups and departments to achieve end goals.
- Provide tier level support to System Administrators and various groups
- Drives results (outages, projects, break/fix, support issues)
||EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years experience with Linux administration in a professional setting
- Previous experience in an Internet-related or other high-availability environment preferred.
- Strong programming: Perl, shells, Python, Ruby, Node.js, Java, Glassfish, Tomcat, JBoss, C, C++
- Experience with multiple Linux distributions (RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux).
- Configuration and maintenance of Nagios, Puppet, MySQL, Hadoop, Splunk, Redmine, Kickstart, LDAP/Active-Directory, SVN, GIT, Sendmail, Apache (2.x), NFS, CIFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, IPTables, DNS/Bind, SNMP (net-snmp).
- Knowledge of common Linux technologies (PAM, proc filesystem, sysctl, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Linux kernel configuration.
- Knowledge of load balancing technologies, version control, and configuration management.
- Experience with large-scale web server farms and content delivery networks (CDN).
- Experience with large-scale (multiple-TB) SAN and NAS environments.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies.
- Proven ability to quickly isolate and troubleshoot issues under pressure in a production environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred B.S. Degree in Computer Science or higher
||Send This Job to a Friend